CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

1.18.2011

Soft Molasses Cookies

If you've ever been to Ben's cookies at the Gateway mall in Utah you know how amazing their cookies are. Every cookie they make there uses Kodiak Cakes mixes:
The last time I was there I went for one of their molasses cookies. I was an instant fan! They are perfectly soft and tasty. They offered me the recipe that I am now sharing with you. Make them as soon as you can. They are so easy and not just a holiday cookie.



Ingredients:

2 C Kodiak Cakes Flapjack Fix (you can find their mixes at popular grocery stores in almost every state. I got mine at Smith's here in Utah. I know they have them at Fresh Market, Fry's, Albertson's, Safeway,)
1 t cinnamon
1 t ginger
1/2 C + 1 t vegetable oil
3/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C molasses
1 egg

Mix oil, sugar, molasses and egg until smooth. Blend the spices and Kodiak Cakes Flapjack Mix, then add to the sugar and oil mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for about six minutes. Do not over bake. They are better if a little on the soft side.

* I replaced the 1/2 cup of vegetable oil with the same amount of plain greek yogurt. We thought it was healthier and very good.

**recipe from Kodiak Cakes Kitchen

0 comments: