CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2.01.2011

Hawaiian Haystacks

My mom made these a couple times growing up and I had totally forgotten about them until my BFF was feeding my kids and me dinner one night while my husband was away. The fun thing about these is that you can dress them any way that you'd like! That and they're super quick and super easy!

Here are a few things I like to use!
For the sauce/gravy:

1-2 Shredded chicken breasts or a large can of chicken
1 Can of cream of chicken soup
1 Cup chicken broth
1/2 Cup sour cream
Salt/Pepper to taste (optional)
3-4 Cups cooked rice of your choice (or however much will feed your family)

Combine the soup and broth and stir. Add chicken and simmer ten minutes. Then add the sour cream and heat another couple minutes until warm. Serve rice with gravy over it and add garnishes.

Garnishes (use any or all):

Chow mein noodles
Diced tomatoes
Sliced olives
Chopped celery
Chopped green onions
Chopped green peppers
Pineapple tidbits
Grated cheese
Slivered almonds
Salt/Pepper to taste
Soy or Teriyaki sauce

Add all the desired garnishes to your rice and gravy and enjoy!

0 comments: