CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2.04.2011

Southern-Style Potato Salad


My grandma made the absolute best southern-style potato salad I have ever had in my life. I've been using her recipe for potato salad ever since I learned how to make it. I've never found potato salad that taste as good as this.

I pretty much just eye ball the measurements, but these measurements should be close. You can always add more of something if you want.

8-10 baking potatoes, peeled and diced into cubes
pinch of salt
1/2-3/4 cup mayo (I use olive oil mayo)
a few good squirts of yellow mustard (this wasn't in my grandma's recipe, but I like it in there)
1/4 cup plus a little more of dill relish
2-3 boiled eggs, diced fine
salt and pepper to taste

Bring a big pot of water to boil. Sprinkle a dash of salt in water and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender (I add my eggs in with the potatoes to cook as well). Drain potatoes and put in large bowl. Combine all ingredients and stir until combined well. Serve hot or cold.

0 comments: