CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

9.19.2010

EASY Cheese Enchiladas

There's this place I love to eat at when I visit my home-state of Utah called El Matador that has the BEST cheese enchiladas ever. I've been on the hunt for a comparable recipe for awhile now and decided to just wing it based on several recipes I'd seen. They all were pretty similar but had tiny steps that made them different. I took a few and combined them into one super quick, super easy recipe and I was EXTREMELY satisfied by the results. Closest to El Matador I could get at home!
What you need:

2-4 tablespoons olive oil (or vegetable oil)
1 package corn tortillas
1 large can of enchilada sauce
¼ cup red onion, finely chopped (optional)
1 package cheddar, jack cheese, shredded

Take the olive oil, and pour it into a frying pan. Put the oil over medium heat. When the oil is warm, but not scorching, take a tortilla and place it in the pan for one to two minutes, then flip it over. When they are nice and soft, dip the tortillas into the enchilada sauce.

Then sprinkle the cheese (and onion if you'd like) in the middle of each tortilla and roll it up. Spread a thick layer of the enchilada sauce on top and a sprinkle of more cheese. Follow the same process for each tortilla. When you're done, bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with sour cream, guacamole, rice, refried beans or anything else you'd like! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Amy

I'm so excited to try this! I have been wanting El Matidor's Cheese Enchiladas ALL day and now I can try and make them and I won't even have to go out in the cold, Thanks!!

MM

What brand of enchilada sauce did you use? They all taste so different. :)

Ily Wagner
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ily Wagner

Can you please tell me what enchilada sauce did you used?
Thank you!