CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.25.2011

Cream of Cauliflower Cheese Soup

I got this recipe idea from a friend. I couldn't remember the exact ingredients so I found this online at food.com. We will be eating this at least once a week this winter. It's so amazingly good and even better as leftovers. Seriously try it!



Ingredients:

1 head cauliflower, washed and broken into flowerets {I had some fresh broccoli on hand that I also added...I think it made it better}
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 vegetable bouillon cubes {I used 1 can of vegetable broth}
2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened {or use regular}
1/2 cup evaporated milk {you could use half and half but I suggest the milk}
1/8-1/4 tsp salt, to taste
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tsp parsley
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup shredded American cheese

  1. Place cauliflower flowerets, chopped onion, and garlic in a large pot. Pour in just enough water to almost cover (but not quite) cover the cauliflower. Add boullion cubes and bring to a boil; cook until cauliflower is very tender -- about 10-12 minutes.
  2. Lower heat medium.
  3. Add in cream cheese and half and half; stir well. Add in salt, pepper, paprika and parsley; stir and heat through.
  4. Add in shredded cheese; stir frequently until heated through and cheese is melted.
  5. Remove from heat. Puree in batches in blender or food processor {I left mine with chunks}. Serve.

0 comments: