CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

11.04.2011

Sweet & Sour Meatballs with Fried Rice




These meatballs are so good. I've tired quite a few different recipes and none of them seem to hold together even after cooked. These have the perfect flavor as well. Not too sweet and not too sour. Hope you will enjoy them as much as we did.

1 to 1-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
3/4 cup oats
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Mix ingredients and form into 12 2-inch balls. Place in casserole dish, cover with sauce (recipe follows) and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Sauce for meatballs

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tsp mustard
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Fried Rice

1/4 lb. bacon1 cup diced onion
3/4 cup diced celery
1 bell pepper, diced {I used a red pepper. We aren't fans of green}
3 T soy sauce
3 cups COLD, cooked rice

Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and Sauté vegetables in bacon fat. Add rice and soy sauce until heated through. Add bacon.

*I wish I could remember where I got this recipe. I wrote it on a recipe card from the website and never wrote down the original owner. I do know that the meat balls recipe is originally from the Lion House cook book.

0 comments: