CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.11.2018

Tuscan Mac & Cheese


My husband and I are recently on a vegetarian journey and found this recipe made with chicken. I altered it a little bit, took the chicken out and it was FABULOUS! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 


  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 small yellow onion chopped
  • 6 cloves garlic finely diced
  • 1/3 cup white cooking wine 
  • 9 oz jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil (reserve 2 tablespoons of oil and drain the rest)
  • 3 level tablespoons flour
  • 2 cups vegetable broth
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 10 ounces whole wheat pasta (elbows or shells), uncooked (3 cups!)
  • 3 cups baby spinach leaves
  • 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
  • 1/2 cup grated cheese Cheddar or Gruyere
  • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped (optional)



Instructions

0 comments: