CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4.04.2012

german pancakes or dutch babies?

As a kid my mom would make these a ton. I loved looking in the oven and watching it puff up into a gorgeous golden brown pillow of goodness. German pancakes have been my very favorite breakfast food, or like last night we have them for dinner. Fluffy, buttery, slightly crunchy german pancakes. These are my comfort food.

I know them as german pancakes, some people only recognize them as dutch babies. But whatever you call them, I can never say no.



German Pancakes

3 eggs
2 T butter
1/2 c milk
1/2 c flour
1/2 t sugar
1/2 t salt

*Optional: My mom has graded an apple in the batter to add a little special flavor. So good!

Preheat oven to 450. Place baking dish with butter in pre-heated oven until butter is melted and starting to brown. While butter is melting, whisk eggs and mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Whisk milk and dry ingredients into eggs alternately. Once butter is browned remove baking dish from oven and pour batter into the dish. Reduce heat to 425 and bake for 18-20 minutes. Serve immediately. Serve with, syrup, jam, powdered sugar, lemon, fresh fruit.

Enjoy!

0 comments: