CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

7.18.2011

Easy Eggless Chocolate Cake!

Sorry for the crappy quality picture... I realized I hadn't taken a good one as I was about to eat one of the last pieces of this tasty cake, so my husband took one with his phone! I found this gem while searching for a cake recipe that would take both minimal time and minimal ingredients. I had eggs on hand, but not enough for every other cake recipe I'd looked at. Then I saw this and thought I'd give it a try which was a double bonus because one of my kids is allergic to eggs! I'm a big fan and I'd recommend it to anyone who needed a sweet fix! I doubled the cocoa powder and added cinnamon on a whim and I think it turned out magnificently!

What you need (cake):
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup white sugar
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional... but so tasty)
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease 8x8 cake pan.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together; make a well in the middle and add all the wet ingredients and then beat all together until smooth.
3. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.

Frosting ingredients:
1/2 of a 1lb. box of powdered sugar
4 tablespoons (or half a stick) of butter, melted
1/8 cup of milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth. Add more powdered sugar if you feel it needs to be thicker and frost cake accordingly! ENJOY!

*Found and changed slightly from here

0 comments: