CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4.17.2010

"Sheri de Gallo"

My good friend, Sheri introduced me to this amazing version of pico de gallo and I had to give her credit for it. It's become so popular with us, that I had to share it with the world so they could know the joy my mouth feels when I eat this amazing stuff! What's nice is that it's good to eat with chips as you'd expect, but it's also nice to eat over a chicken breast or some rice. If you have a problem getting your daily servings of veggies in, eat this and all your problems will be solved!

1 Can of corn, drained and rinsed
1 Can black beans, drained and rinsed
3-5 chopped tomato
1 Chopped red pepper
1 Chopped green pepper
1/2 Chopped red onion
1/4 Cup chopped cilantro
3 chopped avocados
6 TBSP lime juice
2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
2 TBSP olive oil
3/4 teaspoon Cumin
1 TBSP salt

Chop, chop, chop. Throw everything into a big bowl and mix generously. This is the original recipe, but I usually do a bit more lime juice and cumin and cilantro. You can really change and/or add anything to your taste such as jalapeno if you want it spicy or more onion if you want. The possibilities are endless. This is really the best alternative to salsa I've ever had and it's healthy too!

0 comments: